VM backup and restore — powered by Veeam
By default, the virtual machines in your Hosted Private Cloud solution are not automatically backed up. To avoid data loss, OVH offers Managed Veeam Backup and its replication to extend the functionality of your vSphere-managed VMs. With just a few clicks, automated backups, simple restoration, and daily reporting functions are set up and ready to go.
Rest assured that your data and services are not your single point of failure
Fully automated backup as a service – at all levels
- Simple configuration - simply select the VMs you want to protect and right-click directly in vSphere to enable the automated backup function
- Choose from Veeam Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise to meet your retention needs
Daily reports and transparency
- Receive email reports with the full listing of your VMs and their backup status
- Successful backup notifications let you rest easy knowing your workloads are protected
Free storage from OVH
- OVH stores your data for free; there are no extra costs
- No hidden fees!
Learn about Managed Veeam Backup
With Managed Veeam Backup, backups are automated and transparently reported, with zero impact on your storage resources
The Managed Veeam Backup service creates daily backups on the VMs of your choice. The management VLAN in your Hosted Private Cloud infrastructure transmits your data to the backup repository, which is mounted in RAID and fully managed by the OVH operations team. This additional storage does not count toward your storage allocation.
- Managed Veeam Backup is compatible with vSphere 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, 6.0 and 6.5.
- The Veeam software requires the creation of a Windows-based VM, which is included if you have a Windows Data Center license. You may need to make an additional purchase to enable the Windows VM.
- To start your backup, you must activate high availability and Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) for the Windows VM. The VM then follows your defined DRS affinity rules.
- To keep your system stable, OVH does not recommend backing up VMs with storage greater than 2TB.
Ready to get started?
Ready to get started?
We’ll be happy to call you!
Please enter you name, email address, and phone number (required) along with any other information that will be helpful to get you started. An OVH cloud expert will give you a call back in normal business hours. Have a special time request? Please let us know in the message field!.
Sending your request...
Thank you! We’ll call you soon!
An OVH cloud expert has been notified of your request. We’ll return your call promptly, within normal business hours.